[Standards] XEP-0047 (Flow rate control for IBB)

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Thu Jul 19 15:44:43 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
> AFAIK, few clients have implemented IBB. We could definitely update the
> spec to reflect this kind of acking, which makes a lot of sense IMHO.

AFAIK, It doesn't introduce any gain, but adds another source of errors.

1) An id attribute of IQ stanza completely determines sid and sequence
number. So, it's very simple for sending client to remember this
correspondence.

2) A new interesting errors are putting incorrect sequence number in reply IQ.

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan