[Standards] SASL protocol errors reporting

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Wed Jul 25 22:32:33 UTC 2007

Dnia 25-07-2007, śro o godzinie 09:32 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre
napisał(a):
> > The actual problem is described on
> http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/ticket/116

> What do you mean by "malformed challenge"?

The contents of the BASE64 encoded data is somehow unparsable by the
underlying SASL layer. Ex. the MD5 hash is not really an MD5 hash. Or
there is a syntax error in the tokens, or ...

> We have a malformed-request error here:
> http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-03.html#sasl-errors-malformed-request

The XMPP request itself isn't malformed. It is the BASE64 encoded SASL
data that is wrong. Does the malformed-request regard also the SASL
layer data? It is not clear to me.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/