[Standards] <[CDATA[ in XMPP

Robin Redeker elmex at x-paste.de
Mon Jul 30 22:16:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:58:34PM +0200, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2007, at 21:50, Sergei Golovan wrote:
>
> >I would say "It makes developing custom parsers more difficult". But
> >any existing XML parser shouldn't have any problem.
>
> Nobody should write their own XML parser anyways, unless it's

Your assumption is that XMPP is XML. I think it has been said in
multiple discussions on this list and in the jdev chat room that that
assumption is not correct :-)

It's said that XMPP is just 'an application' or 'a subset' of XML.  And
I heard from some people that XMPP's "XML" was even simplified to allow
writing of own "more efficient" ""XML""(XMPP) parsers.

> absolutely necessary (e.g. programming for a platform where no XML
> parser is available), since these kind of implementations are bound
> to contain serious issues

> (XML is much more complicated than people think).

I very much agree with that observation :-)