[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Requirements for IM File Transfer

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Fri Sep 14 06:58:45 UTC 2007

Hello

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 04:39:46PM -0500, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Title: Requirements for IM File Transfer

With some more thinking, I have few more things that would be good to
have:

• Serverless mode (for link-local)
• Doesn't go to server and back on LAN (If you have bad internet
connection, but more computers on LAN).
• Way of checking the transfer went well - some kind of hash
• Sending whole directories (may be another XEP, that just advertises a
directory with all its files and will auto-accept an transfer for each
of the files)
• I often hear people asking, if encrypted transfers are possible

Furthermore, it should be easy to implement. (if we just all had IPv6,
simple TCP connection would work)

--
There's the light at the end of the the Windows.
   -- Havlik Denis

Michal 'vorner' Vaner