[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Requirements for IM File Transfer

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:39:13 UTC 2007

I use if for direct file transfers of big files too because the BitTorrent
clients are able to continue abort transfers and validate the transferred
data via hashs. As far as I know none of the protocols listed in the
proposed XEP support continue abort/paused transfers but in SOCKS5 there is
an option to pass a hash of the file to validate it.

Cheers,
Tobias