[Standards] pubsub: singleton nodes

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Sep 20 10:14:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 16:08 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Back in May, Joe Hildebrand mentioned the idea of a recommended ItemID
> for nodes where you want to have only one item:
>
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-May/015423.html
>
> I have added that in version 1.10pre9:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0060-1.10.html#impl-singleton
>
> Feedback is welcome.

I think this is a good idea.

First of all, there is a typo in there 'RECOMMENDE' instead of
'RECOMMENDED'.

Further, we had this before in the extended presence XEPs, except we
used 'current' instead. I really dislike all caps.

No need to refer to 'NodeID is an XML namespace'. Just stating that if a
particular node is intended to have at most one item, it SHOULD use
'current' (or whatever), is enough.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm