[Standards] [API] Proposed XMPP Extension: IO DATA

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:20:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Johannes Wagener
<johannes.wagener at med.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

>  While thinking about the session I realized that it is possible to do this
> behaviour like put/delete/... with the io data container. For example it
> should be possible to write schemata for io of io data container that
> define/offers certain actions like post get delete put and may contain a
> <header> and <body> and even the URIs you suggested.

I thought about this, but I prefer to put the action in the containing
bag (the type attribute in the <x/> tag would be ideal) so that the
XMPP engine can route the message to the correct executor without
looking inside the message.

>  You could even run the ad hoc command in a one execute/complete step way -
> thus the sessionid of Ad-Hoc Commands would play no role. I think this way
> you can RESTify the service, too.

Yep, correct. It's all explained here:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2008-April/018507.html

--