[Standards] shared XML editing update

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Feb 4 17:30:50 UTC 2008

Boyd Fletcher wrote:
> we still do not believe that SXE is appropriate for whiteboarding especially
> when scaled to hundreds of concurrent users in a single session.

Why do you think that?

Would it help if there were a pure TCP transport? Joonas and I talked
about that last week (he is offline this week), and we think it might be
appropriate to define two transports: an XMPP transport with IQs and
messages (what's the in the proposal right now), and a pure TCP
transport (no IQ or message wrappers, just <sxe/> elements over a
bytestream). That might reduce the latency in certain applications.

https://stpeter.im/