[Standards] Another Jingle implementation

Paul Witty paulrw at codian.com
Thu Feb 7 11:22:02 UTC 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Paul Witty wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm a software developer at Codian (www.codian.com), and am currently
>> working on updating our Google Talk compatible implementation of Jingle
>> to the latest draft, including Audio and Video via RTP, ICE and DTMF, to
>> allow the connection of Jingle clients into enterprise videoconferencing
>> systems.
>>

> Thanks for letting us know! Feel free to provide comments on the drafts,
> since we're working to finish those up Real Soon Now [tm].
>
> Are you actively using DTMF? The XMPP Council wondered whether that was
> in use. If it is, we'll work to move it to Draft at the same time as the
> other specs
Jingle support will initially be going into a gateway, which provides an
auto attendant to allow the user to dial onwards, or to select items
from a menu, so DTMF is pretty important.  I already have support for
in-band DTMF, and, once I've written the stuff to negotiate it, will
support RFC 4733 DTMF in the content channel.  I'll also implement DTMF
in the signalling channel.

And if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I might even propose
something similar for sending far end camera control in the signalling
channel.

--

Paul