[Standards] shared XML editing update

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:59:25 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 7:38 AM, Joonas Govenius <joonas.govenius at gmail.com> wrote:
> In principle, a particular application type can impose any structure
> that's expressible as an XML Schema just by specifying that the document
> being edited must conform to the schema. I think this would include
> CDOs. However, you might consider using SXE as the "transport" an
> overkill for such very structured documents...

It may be an overkill also when synchronizing less structured
documents if you can do some assumptions, such as no need for checking
conflicting changes or of hidden ids for addressing document parts. I
don't know the precise scenario of CDOs, but in those I'm considering
you often have to send to an entire portion of the document, not small
changes, to many, many nodes.

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com