[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Stream Compression with Efficient XML Interchange

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:08:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 4:56 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> Alternatively, we could define a new SRV record that would enable a
> deployment to advertise a different port for the EXI service, such as:
>
> _xmpp-client-exi._tcp.example.com

I was thinking of the same as an alternative to stream features for
transport binding: the SRV record could point to a different port or
to same, depending on the capability of the server to recognize the
correct binding from the starting bit sequence (when possible it's
better to keep the same port, for simplifying firewall configuration).

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com