[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Feb 18 14:36:17 UTC 2008

Very little training was requred. Users found the capability easy to use and on par with other im/text chat clients.

Our biggest problem we have found is that many xmpp clients do not handle multiple message bodies or the xml:lang correctly or at all - they either crashed or dropped the message.

Even if other clients don't support lang tran and the sender does so long as the client renders all the message bodies it works nicely. For example our transverswe can do automated lang tran on outbound and inbound messages. We frequently test with other not lang tran enabled clients and have shown you can still have an effective conversation even if only one side has the lang tran engine.

Oh and nost users to not regularly change their lang when sending.

boyd