[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Feb 18 17:46:30 UTC 2008

I think the idea of associating lang with contact is a good one and we essentially do that in transverse. We sound out presence msgs with xml:lang tags and transverse uses that to determine in which language the client should respond.

We would very much like to test xep-171 interoperability between psi and transverse. If you grab tranverse from our web site, we have it configured to use google translate - which btw has improved dramaticallly now that they are less rule based.

boyd