[Standards] mobile optimizations

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:00:36 UTC 2008

Could this be added to XEP-198?  Basically a pause command that would
cause stuff to get buffered on the server.  There would need to be an
ack that comes back to avoid races.  Additionally, I could imagine the
thing doing the buffering could toss old stale presence stanzas when
new ones are received from the same full jid.

Combined with XEP-198 quick-reconnects (or BOSH) with long server-side
timeouts, and it seems pretty efficient for this use case, at the
expense of some DEFLATE performance.

--
Joe Hildebrand