[Standards] XEP-0175: Contact Addresses

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Feb 27 15:52:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Feb 26, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> What about section 6.3 of the new version of XEP-115?
>
> <stream:features>
>   <c xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/caps'
>      hash='sha-1'
>      node='http://jabberd.org'
>      ver='ItBTI0XLDFvVxZ72NQElAzKS9sU='>
> </stream:features>
> Then you don't even have to do the disco, except the first time.

Yes, that would cut down the number of disco's in everything we do,
but I still think putting this information in there is wrong. If we
do this for 157, why not slap the jabber:id:time in there?

The pattern has been: use disco#info to discover support, then use a
IQ GET or something similar to retrieve the information.

And I don't see any reason to break the pattern.

Best regards,

--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org