[Standards] reminder: Last Calls for XEPs 171, 189, 222, 223

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Mar 21 02:31:05 UTC 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Last Calls for the following specs end on Friday, March 21:
>
> XEP-0171: Language Translation
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0171.html

This spec has some typos but otherwise seems OK. In particular, some
examples have a 'destination' attribute whereas other examples have a
'destination_lang' attribute. I think the latter is correct.

> XEP-0189: Public Key Publishing
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0189.html

It's not clear to me why the pubkeys schema has this:

      <xs:choice minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'>
        <xs:element name='fprint' type='xs:string'/>
        <xs:any namespace='##any' processContents='lax'/>
      </xs:choice>

I think it should be:

      <xs:choice
          xmlns:dsig='http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#'
          maxOccurs='unbounded'
          minOccurs='0'>
        <xs:element name='fprint' type='xs:string'/>
        <xs:element ref='dsig:KeyInfo'/>
      </xs:choice>

That is, why are we allowing any namespace as a child of the <pubkeys/>
element?

> XEP-0222: Persistent Storage of Public Data via Publish-Subscribe
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0222.html
>
> XEP-0223: Persistent Storage of Private Data via Publish-Subscribe
>           http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0223.html

These seem fine to me -- they are just best practices for node
configuration.

https://stpeter.im/