[Standards] Wording JID, FullJid, baseJID,...

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Mon Jun 22 16:09:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 09:48 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 6/22/09 6:30 AM, Pedro Melo wrote:
>
> > On Jun 22, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Bernhard zwischenbrugger wrote:
> >
> >> room at conference.example.com                                      //
> >> room jid?
> >
> > In the context of a MUC service, yes.
>
> There is no term for this in XEP-0045.
>
> >> room at conference.example.com/niki                               // room
> >> jid?
> >
> > No, in the context of the MUC spec, this is a participant JID.
>
> In XEP-0045 this is a Room JID.
>
> Maybe it would be better to call these "Room JID" and "Occupant JID"?

Yes please, I think I mentioned recently that I find the current
definition of 'Room JID' to mean the address of the occupant in a
specific room highly confusing. Also, there is currently no name for the
JID of the room itself.

For the code I'm working on, I'm going to assume the new wording will be
exactly those you suggested here.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm