[Standards] dialback refactoring

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Jun 25 17:42:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 19:09 +0200, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> Ralph Meijer wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Ralph, do you have further feedback?
> >
> > I think you removed the confusing switching of roles of the servers
> > between sections, per my request. I.e. you switched the hosts in two
>
> Well, now the point of view switches between sections, in 2.1.1 the
> sending server is example.org, in 2.1.2 it is xmpp.example.com; the
> same applies to 2.2.
> I am not sure if that is better... but it is not worse either.

Personally, I rather have the point of view change. I makes all the
examples in the spec cater to one goal: establishing a connection from
one server to another. Somewhere near the end (or maybe all the way in
the beginning) we can remark that for traffic in the other direction,
the whole shebang needs to be repeated with the roles of the domains
reversed.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm