[Standards] microblogging maintainer :)

Thomas Baquet ld.blackfox at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:51:10 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 17:03, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Wed Dec  1 16:40:34 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> simply
>> >
>> > XEP-0270 is compliance suites - don't we want to shelve that one and
>> > make a 2011 one?
>> >
>> > (Something I'd be fine with handling the XEP side of, but couldn't
>> hope
>> > to pretend to be impartial about).
>>
>> Sorry, I meant the microblogging spec:
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0277.html
>
> I'm entirely happy with maintaining this, as long as there is
> sufficient interest in the community to provide things to put *in* it.
> ie, I'll cheerfully act as editor, and document consensus, but not
> author.
>
> Dave.
Okay, I've been thinking a while theses last days about this, read again
this thread:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-September/023817.html ,
and then would share some ideas:
- every pubsub node can have an "answer" node, given in an @related
attribute (or else), which is a collection node, and on which users will
post answers;
- for each item in the node, there is a subnode created on the answer
collection node using the id of the concerned item. The server will
create it only when an user will publish an element on the subnode.
- each item in the answer node can have an @related attribute, which is
the id of an another item published in the same answer node; Basically,
I tough about "thread" attribute, but this is limited at one sub-level
of answer.
- user can post a reference element on the answer node in state of
publish element directly on the answer node. In this case, use atom?
This system can be used for microblogging, blogging, forum, and so...

Example for microblogging:

C: <iq type="get" to="romeo at shakespeare.it">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items">
</iq>
S: <iq type="result" to="juliet at shakespeare.it">
<queryxmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items">
<item node="urn:xmpp:microblog" related="urn:xmpp:microblog:comments" />
<item
node="urn:xmpp:activityStream"related="urn:xmpp:activityStream:comments" />
<item node="mylifeisbeautiful"related="comments/mylifeisbeautiful" />
<item node="ilovejulietsomuch"related="comments/ilovejulietsomuch" />
</query>
</iq>
C: <iq type="get" to="romeo at shakespeare.it">
<pubsubxmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
<itemsnode="urn:xmpp:microblog:0"/>
</pubsub>
</iq>
S: <iq type="result" to="juliet at shakespeare.it">
<pubsubxmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
<items node="urn:xmpp:microblog:0" related="urn:xmpp:microblog:comments">
<item id="item000"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
<item id="item001"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
<item id="item002"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
</items>
</pubsub>
</iq>
C: <iq type="get" to="romeo at shakespeare.it">