[Standards] microblogging maintainer :)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Dec 20 15:16:58 UTC 2010

On Mon Dec 20 17:03:30 2010, Thomas Baquet wrote:
> On 20/12/2010 14:58, Dave Cridland wrote:
>>> What do u propose then to link the answer onto the base item?
>>
>> WHat's needed beyond Atom threading in the payload?
>>
>> Dave.
> The problem is by using Atom that you'll limit reply node to Atom
> content then - otherwise, you'll lost the power of pubsub, even if
> Atom is extensible; a stupid example should be: if I want to answer
> with a mood, or a tune (even if it is basically expected for PEP,
> nothing should prevent me to post this)

Atom can be used to frame arbitrary content, as far as I'm aware.
Absolutely nothing prevents you from "replying" with a mood element
embedded in Atom. The Atom just buys us all the threadings and post
mobility.

If you look at Identi.ca, for instance, they throw a half-dozen
representations of the post content, plus geolocation information,
profile information of the poster, the instruction manual for the
poster's fridge, and so on.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/