[Standards] microblogging maintainer :)

Thomas Baquet ld.blackfox at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:01:16 UTC 2010

On 20/12/2010 15:38, Dave Cridland wrote:
> Because PubSub nodes contain items - replacing the item element with
> an Atom element would mean breaking compatibility with PubSub. It
> doesn't seem useful to do that.
(Actually, I'd meant in a perspective of redefining pubsub, cause Atom
is more flexible than the item element itself. Anyway...)

Okay, so let's take the Atom way then: when a node allows a write access
to user, it means he can post reply to items on it. But there stills a
problem: imagine than - in a more general way - I post an blog article
on my "blog" node; how will I manage wether people will effectively post
a reply to this article or when they will post an article which is not a
reply? For certain kind of content allowing people post in my node item
which are not necesseraly item can be useful (like facebook wall), but
others no.

--
Thomas Baquet (aka Lord Blackfox)

Jabber ID: ldblackfox at papaya.im