[Standards] XEP-0198 status

Ben Schumacher bschumac at cisco.com
Sat Feb 12 09:46:24 UTC 2011

I think using RFC3986 (2732) formatting rules for supporting IPv6
address/port in a single attribute would be fine. Any software that
intends to communicate over IPv6 is probably going to need to understand
that format at some point.

One other important clarification on the address might be a
recommendation regarding address resolution. Is the intention for
clients to fallback to an SRV lookup on the provided location, or should
the information provided give them another hint as to how to use it.

What I mean is, is the "location" also simply an address/hostname and
port combination, or might it be an HTTP URI if this protocol is being
used in connection with BOSH?

>>> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-June/023525.html
>>> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-June/023526.html
>>> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-July/023647.html