[Standards] XEP-0198 status

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Feb 12 13:31:20 UTC 2011

On 2/12/11 2:46 AM, Ben Schumacher wrote:

> What I mean is, is the "location" also simply an address/hostname and
> port combination, or might it be an HTTP URI if this protocol is being
> used in connection with BOSH?

We don't need XEP-0198 in BOSH because there we have 'rid' attributes
and such (in fact XEP-0198 borrows some of its ideas about managing the
connection from the BOSH spec).

So I would say that in XEP-0198 the client will only ever be told to
reconnect to an IP address or hostname, using standard XMPP methods (TCP
binding).

https://stpeter.im/