[Standards] NEW: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)- Interop with XEP 0301 RTT

Lance Stout lancestout at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:19:14 UTC 2012

> I think it's worth including the id on every RTT edit,
> rather than just the first - it makes the state machine easier for the
> receiving clients and doesn't hurt the sending client.

+1 on this. Even though the use of the seq value and error detection can be used to ensure that the RTT update is still within the context of editing a previous message, keeping that context explicit is a good thing (and was what my hypothetical version of a XEP-0308 flow was intended to accomplish).

With that, I'm strongly in favor of Mark's proposal. It should be a small enough section to fit in fine with XEP-0301, and shouldn't slow down its progress to draft state, which is a consideration given the broader legislative situations.

-- Lance