[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: User Time Zone

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Wed Dec 4 22:04:52 UTC 2013

Hello Spencer.

Ok. What about the Time Zone field in vCard? In combination perhaps with XEP-0292, or historical XEPs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22

It sounds as if the use case you describe is closely related to user information in general (and hence vCards).

Best regards,
Peter Waher