[Standards] [XEP-0060] pubsub: update an item

Adrien souliane at mailoo.org
Fri Dec 6 16:18:06 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

does this specification cover the case where one would like to update an
item? I don't find any explicit recommandation and I wonder what
implementation would be the best:

- allow the owner or the original publisher to use "publish" again with
the same item identifier, so directly update the item;
- simulate an update via deleting the item and creating another one with
the same identifier.

The first one is of course better, also it is atomic, but is it conform
to the specification?!

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#affiliations

Best regards,
Adrien