[Standards] RFC 3923 (e2e with S/MIME) and OpenPGP

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:24:23 UTC 2013

Greetings,
I was reading RFC 3923 [1], and it always talks about S/MIME encrypted
message format. What about applying PGP/MIME instead - or better, let
the RFC handle both cases?
If I understand correctly, draft-miller-xmpp-e2e-* are replaced by RFC
3923. Is there some draft to follow/improve where e2e+PGP/MIME is
defined?

By the way: encryption/signing in XMPP is very confusing: there are at
least a dozen documents (RFCs and XEPs) defining it - of course I
should follow approved XEPs and RFCs, but I'm also looking around:
maybe some XEPs are already widely implemented or they will be
approved soon.

Thank you,
Cheers

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3923