[Standards] 191

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jul 8 10:23:19 UTC 2013

On 8 Jul 2013 04:32, "Kevin Smith" <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:

> In 191, if A as blocked B, B's presences to A should be dropped. Any
> directed presence from A to B should be bounced. I can't see a
> description of what should happen for A's broadcast presence - by a
> literal reading of the XEP it seems to be unaffected (or I've missed
> something).

I think that it should be covered by the contact sending a stanza to the
user. If you read contact as meaning a client session exclusively, and not
the internal account maintained by the server, then I see where you get
your reading from, but that then includes PEP, and is confusing in the
light of the requirement to send unavailable presence.

That is, the intent is very clear, but the precise phrasing could use some
more clarity.