[Standards] Paper: Extending the Semantic Web to Peer-to-Peer-like Sensor Networks based on XMPP

Teemu Väisänen uolevi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:30:05 UTC 2013

Hi Peter, here are couple of suggestions:

Does broker in your case can mean two "kind of" different things, a normal
XMPP server and an XMPP pubsub server? In pubsub, subscribers do not
necessarily ever contact to the publisher nor publishers contact
subscribers, but only to the broker, so it could perhaps be clarified a bit
more.

"As devices all connect to a message broker, external entities cannot
connect to the devices, unless the message broker authenticates the device
and authorizes its relationship with the original device."

"XMPP also adds a security mechanism whereby clients are authenticated, and
the broker also makes sure each client sending a message to another is
authorized to do so."

So, maybe you could explain shortly security (at least access models) of
XMPP's pubsub, I think that above sentences do not contain enough
information about them.

I would remove words "very" or change them (as also other fillers words)...
"Very" does not tell you much unless you explain the difference of, e.g.,
very powerful and powerful.

Otherwise, really interesting case and paper!

BR, Teemu Väisänen