[Standards] deprecating in-band registration

Simon Tennant simon at buddycloud.com
Wed Apr 2 09:24:23 UTC 2014

IBR is very useful. But many people expose it to the open world where it's
open to abuse.

IMHO, IBR is very useful when you are using a service like xmpp-ftw and
need a way to create new users. In this situation IBR is only exposed on
localhost and the web-bits, to the outside world.

S.

--
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
goo.gl/tQgxP