[Standards] Tags and Pubsub subscriptions in XEP-0048 (Bookmarks)

edhelas edhelas at movim.eu
Wed Apr 30 16:46:07 UTC 2014

I agree with most of your observations, saving all the elements in a
single item can create lot of issues if you use multiple clients with
the same account.

I also see that the Bookmarks implementation is really messy in some
clients (I've never successfully synchronize my bookmarks between
Pidgin, Gajim and Xabber for example).

So separate each element in a specific item can be a sollution, I know
that the HipChat client works like this. Furthermore you don't have to
reparse the all list client side to update or get a specific element of
the list.

So maybe we can define a general algorythm to calculate the hash of the
item ID. The old clients will still use the 'current' ID. That way we
will be sure that we will not have any issues with items crushed by a
messy implementation.

Tim