[Standards] Tags and Pubsub subscriptions in XEP-0048 (Bookmarks)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Apr 30 18:19:26 UTC 2014

On 25 March 2014 08:28, Jaussoin Timothée <edhelas at movim.eu> wrote:

> I'd like to make a few changes on the XEP-0048. With the recent
> implementation of the Pubsub features in my client I noticed that there are
> no way to save and centralize the subscribed Pubsub nodes on the XMPP
> server.
>
> My proposal is quite simple. Take the "subscription" tag used in the
> XEP-0330 (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0330.html) to store the
> informations of the subscribed node and put them in Bookmark items.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but doesn't XEP-0330 already suggest a
well-known PEP node for this? Why do these subscriptions need storage in
the same node as conference and web bookmarks?

Furthermore it would be great to add some tags on the Bookmark items to
> organize and filter them.
>
> All theses changes can be found in the enclosed XEP-0048 patch.

It probably would be great to add tagging and all sorts to XEP-0048, but
I'd be curious as to whether these would be lost between clients, as Lance
writes later.