[Standards] Autumn XMPP summit outside NA?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Jul 25 08:27:15 UTC 2014

On 25 July 2014 08:57, Steven Lloyd Watkin <lloyd at evilprofessor.co.uk>
wrote:

> There's lots of people saying this would be a good idea, and most (easily
> accessible) places in Europe are also good for people.
>
> Seems it needs someone (maybe a group of 3) to make a decision and run
> with it.

Volunteers?

> fippo and Lance might be in Berlin mid-September so I'll put my hand up
> for Berlin again (+ hopefully Mozilla office usage + decentralize.js).
>  We're not going to make everyone happy on location, but a summit, I'm
> sure, will be better than no summit.

Who is coming to Berlin? Lloyd and I, for sure. Fippo and Lance (maybe).

Next question: what are we trying to solve - that is, what would be the
headline on the agenda? If there's nothing, really, then while I'm happy to
meet and chat (of course), I don't want to go to the expense of getting a
room and things.

Obviously if we've 30 people coming, that changes things a bit.

So three questions:

1) Who's willing to organize? I'd say we need at least one native German
speaker.
2) Who's attending for certain?
3) What would we discuss?