[Standards] off-server archives with MAM

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Apr 27 09:35:08 UTC 2015

On 18 Apr 2015, at 03:57, Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <peter at andyet.net> wrote:
> The Message Archive Management spec (XEP-0313) seems to assume that a message archive will live on the server

It was my intention to not have the text require this. I tried to put some effort into making it very explicit that any entity could host a  MAM archive, so if I missed some we should update (although clearly lots of the rules for e.g. a user’s own archive on the server are only useful for the usual case of a user’s archive on the server).

Which bits are at fault?

/K