[Standards] OTR

Bartosz Małkowski bmalkowski at tigase.pl
Tue Feb 3 11:58:28 UTC 2015

> Wiadomość napisana przez Daniele Ricci <daniele.athome at gmail.com> w dniu 3 lut 2015, o godz. 12:20:
>
> The only problem here is how to recognise the encrypted data? Is it a
> text body or a stanza? Maybe we can use a "type" attribute to <otr/>,
> revealing more metadata? Or maybe we could add a header to the
> encrypted data:

I don’t understand.

If client receives <message><otr>…
then it will decrypt data and expect that result of decryption is stanza (or maybe other element allowed in XMPP Stream), then client will process received and decrypted element like any other received elements.

Look at https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-miller-xmpp-e2e-02 (4.3.  Example - Securing a Message). The same idea.

--
Bartosz Małkowski
Tigase Polska