[Standards] XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs)

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Wed Jul 15 12:27:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

(Sorry for the mistype on previous mail that send it prematurely)

I read the Unique and Stable Stanza Ids and what I miss is some
perspective on recommanded use case / implementation.
As a server developer, we indeed need Stanza ID in many contexts (Like
for example to undupe resend of messages that were not acked).

However, what is a standard XMPP server expected to do with that XEP ?
Should it force stanza ID on every messages ?
How does it interact with s2s ? Should we discover support by other
server and remove the stanza on outgoing s2s packet when it is not
supported ?
Should this only be implemented in component that need it (for example
MUC) ?

I think any clarification on the use case that the XEP covers would be
welcome.

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond