[Standards] Move CSI to Last Call ("Proposed")

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Tue Jul 28 09:05:03 UTC 2015

On 28.07.2015 10:22, Christian Schudt wrote:
> I think this has already been discussed once, but wouldn't it be more intuitive to use IQ semantics for this instead of sending a message which confirms the (de)activation?

I think Matt's intention is that stream behavior should not be
controlled by Stanzas. Just like it's done by SM.

I also had the opinion in the past. But more recently I'm starting to
believe that using IQs would be better, since it allows us to keep the
CSI state on resumption without having to add extra conditions for the
resumption case to CSI (like that CSI always is active after
<resumed/>). Also the IQ result could take the place of the CSI state
change notification message.

- Florian