[Standards] Move CSI to Last Call ("Proposed")

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Tue Jul 28 15:15:17 UTC 2015

* Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> [2015-07-28 17:04]:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Out of curiosity,  what clients do you know of that are using it?
> Conversations, Kontalk, Converse.js, Bluejabb, probably others.

yaxim has a quick&dirty google:queue implementation that at least
prosody can map to CSI (via mod_csi_compat).

> I have hard numbers of battery / bandwidth savings at home somewhere

Feel free to mix in my numbers from a somewhat exreme case:

A biboumi IRC bridge to #ubuntu on Freenode (north of 1600 idle users
wih according presence traffic), over WiFi from a Samsung GT-I5500:

no CSI:
  13h 30min from a full battery charge, processed 1917 stanzas

CSI enabled:
  32h 30min from a full battery charge, processed 5818 stanzas

So using CSI with much presence traffic can more than double the phone's
battery runtime :)

Georg