[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: HTTP File Upload

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:23:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Sergey Dobrov <binary at jrudevels.org> wrote:
> While I'm very interested in an infrastructure that's fully XMPP-driven, I'm
> But again, I don't want to look like an advocate of utilizing HTTP, I really
> think it would be much greater to have XMPP infrastructure, but how can we
> motivate someone to implement that?

I can understand how administrators (and companies in general) will
not choose XMPP if it's an almighty protocol handling all of their
requirements. An optimal infrastructure is made up of many protocols
working together. In many cases, HTTP may and can be useful IMHO. But
I don't want to repeat other people's arguments about that.

--
Daniele