[Standards] Call for Experience: Advancement of XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text) to Final

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Oct 26 16:34:41 UTC 2015

On 25 Oct 2015 5:56 pm, "Mark Rejhon" <markybox at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 5. Should referenced/dependent XEPs (especially XEP-308) be Final before
this one becomes Final?

> Not necessary. Many examples include:
> XEP-0203 (FINAL) references XEP-0045 (DRAFT)
> XEP-0174 (FINAL) references XEP-0115 (DRAFT)
> etc.

We don't tend to distinguish formally between informational and normative
references; perhaps we should. In any case, I would expect that any
normative references should beat the same maturity level.

By normative reference, I mean a reference required to be read and
implemented in order to implement the specification's mandatory behaviour.

Whether that's the case in this instance I've not looked, because I'm
sitting by a pool in Malta. :-)

Dave.