[Standards] Presence Request

Vaibhav Ranglani devranglani at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 10:16:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

Is there a way where we can club presence requests in a single packet?

Example I need to send presence subscribe requests to multiple users.
a packet like
<presence to="<jid1>,<jid2>,<jid3>" type="subscribe" />

The server software implementing this could forward the requests to the
individual clients. This could eventually save a lot of bandwidth as well.

Use case:
A presence message like this may be helpful in mobile applications where
computation power is less. A user may want to send presence subscribe
requests from his/her app to all users in one's contact list. Here jid may
be based on Telephone numbers.

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks
Vaibhav