[Standards] Updated MIX (XEP0369)

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Mon Aug 15 19:22:31 UTC 2016

I had intended to send this message  when an updated version of XEP-0369 was posted.

As (at least) Link Mauve and Dave Cridland have spotted this,   I thought I would send this now as the cat is out of the bag.

The primary goal of this update is to address the agreements made at XSF Summit in February this year.    This turned out to be
quite a substantial edit, which has taken longer than originally anticipated.    The update also provides a good deal of tidy up and
additional clarification and details on some central parts of the specification.

There are still quite a number of pieces missing.   It seems clear that it is preferable to share what is ready, rather than delay
until everything is complete.   The bits known to be missing are marked with "AUTHOR NOTE".   This is both an editorial reminder,
and to make clear to reviewers where further text is expected.

There are a number of points marked "QUESTION".    Input on these points is solicited.

The plan is to proceed more incrementally now.   I am aiming to rapidly address comments received, giving priority to improving what
is in place over adding the missing pieces.  Please feel free to send comments, corrections, and suggestions to improve/clarify
text.

Regards

Steve