[Standards] XEP-0356 (Privileged Entity)

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:12:11 UTC 2016

	When dealing with presence information from the standpoint of the privileged entity, we lose information about to whom the original (non-forwarded) presence was sent. This wouldn’t affect the semantics when the privilege is of type “managed_entity”, but when it’s “roster” it’s important to know when using directed presence.

	I propose that, like <message/> stanzas, <presence/> stanzas also use XEP-0297, so the privileged entity can extract the original ‘to’ attribute when necessary. I also like that it gives parity to both incoming stanzas cases, but that’s a fairly small concern.

-bjc