[Standards] Markdown in XMPP IM

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Jan 7 07:56:24 UTC 2016

If people are sending extensive essays to each other with embedded HTML and
things, then an interpretation flag isn't enough, I agree. But for chat,
which I took to be the target given the subject line, I'd expect that a
simple hint *should* be sufficient, and the bare markup wouldn't be much
different to what's in common idiom for text chat anyway.

So perhaps both approaches have their use cases? I don't fundamentally
object to either, but including multiple renderings in a
multipart/alternative style all the time just for improved handing of
*this* seems overkill.

Dave.