[Standards] OX (OpenPGP for XMPP): A new OpenPGP XEP

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 06:55:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nes.ru> wrote:

> Also, what to do if a user have some keys published and currently is logged
> in using a client which knows nothing about OpenPGP (and posiibly nothing
> about pubsub at all)? His contact can still get this published key and send
> an encrypted message which will never be decrypted (and likely will never
> be noticed because it has no body and no recognizable message subelement).

Well, this one is not so bad, as we can use service discovery to find if the
other party supports this XEP. But still we can't say if he is willing
to encrypt
(may be he hasn't his private key installed at the moment). But still,
instead of
silently lost message we'll get a nice error reply. It's better but
still worse than
in XEP-0027.

Cheers!
--