[Standards] Fwd: 2016-01-13 Council Minutes

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Jan 13 16:45:04 UTC 2016

On 13.01.2016 17:14, Sam Whited wrote:
> # 2016-01-13 Council Meeting
>
> Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2016-01-13/#16:00:07
>
> ## Roll call
>
> - Dave
> - Tobi
> - psa
> - MattJ
>
> ## AOB
>
> Discussion of deprecation happened, but council never voted.
> No clear direction emerged on list.
> Several problems with alternatives were pointed out:
>
> - No way to block group
> - No way to block non-roster contacts (though existing servers seem to
> allow this?)

IIRC it was blocking based on subscription state, not roster state, e.g.
to block all contacts which aren't subscribed to ("allowed to see") your
presence. I've many entities in my roster which I don't automatically
trust. And This allows to temporary unblock someone by using directed
presences.

- Florian