[Standards] Jingle updates (WIP)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 13 18:19:02 UTC 2016

Folks, I've been working (slowly) on updates to the Jingle specs so that
we can incorporate feedback, fix a few bugs, and track some of the more
modern RFCs and Internet-Drafts on these topics.

You can view the relevant documents here:

Jingle (core definition):
http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0166-1.2.html

Jingle RTP:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0167-1.1.html

Jingle ICE Transport (supersedes XEP-0176):
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/jingle-ice.html

Jingle Raw UDP Transport:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0177-1.2.html

I am pushing to get these done in a coordinated way so that we published
updated versions at the same time.

The primary TODO items now are adding some implementation notes to
XEP-0166 (which Lance Stout has volunteered to do) and making sure that
the Jingle ICE definition is consistent with RFC 5245, RFC 6455, and
draft-ietf-ice-trickle.

Although I have edited and reviewed the documents, more eyes would be
helpful.

Thanks!