[Standards] Summit topics

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Sat Jan 23 16:11:21 UTC 2016

Taking this back to the summit list, let’s continue discussion there.

On 23 Jan 2016, at 12:51, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:

> Le samedi 23 janvier 2016, 12:24:38 Kevin Smith a écrit :
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Back a few weeks ago the Council set MIX and E2E as two big topics that need
>> discussion at the Summit. Do those attending have other topics that they
>> want to bring? I expect (although don’t know) that we’ll do the usual
>> ‘gather topics at the start’ thing, and that things will flow informally as
>> normal, but if people have an idea in advance they might be able to spend
>> some time thinking about relevant topics to ease discussion when the time
>> comes.
>>
>> It’d certainly be worthwhile for people to have read the current MIX spec,
>> and had a thought about the things that’re mentioned as needing discussion.
>> Similarly the current E2E options.
>>
>> /K
>
> Hi Kev,
>
> Will there be a hacking session this year ?

Hopefully someone who’s been involved in arranging things can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not aware of any hacking specifically being arranged. There’s nothing to stop people from hacking around the table though, and that’s often what happens whether there’s something formal or not.

> Will there be some people from IETF ?

There aren’t really people ‘from’ the IETF. The IETF’s whoever is going to the mailing lists and doing work.

 http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_19 has the current list of attendees, and doesn’t include either of the authors of that spec.

> and would be
> interested to see people from the different new options (OMEMO, draft-thomson-
> xmpp-secure-00 and OX (new OpenPGP)).

Discussing E2E stuff is (as I noted) one of the two big areas Council thought it was worth discussing.

/K