[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Mediated Information eXchange (MIX)

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Sun Jan 24 17:29:15 UTC 2016

> On 7 Jan 2016, at 08:56, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
>
> Le mercredi 6 janvier 2016, 10:10:04 XMPP Extensions Editor a écrit :
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: Mediated Information eXchange (MIX)
>> [SNIP]
>
> Hello,
>
> It's pretty good, I like it, congratulations.

Thanks.

> I have found a couple of typos:
>
> - 2.Requirements ==> A user can _can_
> - 3. Concepts ==> ocucpant
> - MUC2 is still mentionned in 3. Concepts
>
> It's written in TODO, but I would like to know why pubsub is used instead of
> regular <message/> and <presence/> in 5.1.3 and 5.1.5

I think we need to move to regular messages here, but there was some disagreement at the US Summit (actually there was agreement to use normal messages on the day we discussed MUC2, but then there was another discussion the next day and people changed their minds). It’s one of the big questions we need to discuss this week.

> Also if you are using MAM with pubsub, please read my message " XEP-0313: why
> it is *really* not a good idea to use MAM with Pubsub" that I have posted
> yesterday. There is a big overhead by overwrapping items with is probably not
> desirable.

Thanks. I think this is another discussion that’s sensible to have at the summit.

> I'm really excited by many improvements on XMPP these days, looking forward
> for the summit/Fosdem.

Indeed!