[Standards] Standard room configuration name for MUC MAM

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Tue Jul 5 07:24:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 03:55:49PM +0200, Holger Weiß wrote:
> Would people be fine with defining a standard name for a room
> configuration setting that enables/disables MUC MAM (e.g.,
> muc#roomconfig_mam)?  That way, clients that don't want to present the
> full configuration form could offer a knob for that.

Is there any reason not to reuse muc#roomconfig_enablelogging?  What
you ultimately want to configure as a user is logging, not any specific
protocol to access it, imo.

There is at least one implementation[1] doing it that way.

[1] https://hg.prosody.im/prosody-modules/file/tip/mod_mam_muc/mod_mam_muc.lua#l14

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot